Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Armistice Day

Hello everyone welcome back to my blog today I will be telling you facts about Armistice Day (This is about WW1). If you know about world war one you should know that it was the first world war in history. The first world war was in Europe. But now I will give you the facts about the war.

Fact 1.
Do you know why they call it Armistice day? No well I do so when the war just about ended they a treaty to end the world war and the treaty was named Armistice.

Fact 2.
Did you know that just about one hundred thousandth New Zealander went to war 18,00 Died Sadly 48,00 where injured and the rest came back Good.

Fact 3.
Did you know that the war started on 28 July 1914 and ended on the 11 of November 1918. Did you have any family members in WW1 or WW2.

If you think that my blog post is good please reply in the comments and have a good day or night bye. Tom

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom,
    Nice to see some quality facts in your blog.I really like the way that you explained what is the world war 1 and were did the world war one begin. I like the fact number two because you told that there were one hundred thousand of new Zealanders went in the war and 18,000 died and 48,000 were injured. I don't have the members in my family in ww1 or ww2. Do you have one. Good job:) keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom your Grandfather was a boy during WW2, he told me he was in a bus that was shot at by the luftwaffe.
    He lived in Yorkshire, and had family that fought in the both wars.
    One fact is that the end of WW1 was signed in a railway carriage in Paris.
    When France signed their peace treaty with Germany in WW2 it was signed in the same rail carriage, this was to humiliate France.
    When the Nazis were losing France and retreated Hitler had the carriage blown up!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.