Pages

Friday 31 May 2019

Sedimentary Experiment

Talofa lava bloggers,

Today I'm am talking to you about earth science. We did a experiment with sedimentary rocks, this experiment took a week to finish. My partner was Shadrach he was the one that videoed me.

First we had to mix the ingredients to make the first layer of sedimentary. In the first layer we put rocks big and small. For the second layer we put shells and I think more rocks we also dyed this layer to see all the layers but now you can't see any layers because the dye was not a mineral.

For the third layer I forget what we put in but it was also dyed it. For the forth layer we dye it again and we put more rocks and shells. We broke the sedimentary rock to see how the layers are formed.
Here is a video of me breaking the rock.


Thank you for reading my blog post, if you enjoyed please leave a comment and when I have time, I will try to reply to your comment. Tom

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tom.
    You explained what you did to make your rock in a way that I don't need to ask a question, about that.I have read almost half of room 6's blogs and no one has gone into as much detail as you did.
    I have noticed that at the end of your blog,you mentioned that if we enjoyed your post,leave a message.Maybe next time just write 'leave a message' as someone might not leave one if they didn't enjoy what you wrote.
    Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Cassidy,
      Thanks for the comment. Next time I will put "Leave a message." Or leave feedback about my post. Also Thank you for making my day for that helpful feedback. But sorry for replying so late. Tom

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.