Pages

Thursday 3 September 2020

People that were Affected by the Christchurch Earthquake

 Hello everyone welcome to my blog,

Today we're learning about the christchurch earthquake because we were affected by the christchruch earthquake. The earthquakes were in 2010 and 2011. In 2010 the earthquake a was a 7.4 but it was at 4.30 am in the morning. But in 2011 there was a earthquake that was a 6.3 but it was at lunch time. So about 300 people died in the 2011 earthquake. But on to the point. 

So in 2011 People lost family members in town but there was other things like liquifaction from the ground because christchurch was bulit on a swamp Also peoples homes were destroyed with liquidation and there home fell and stuff like that. Because people lost there homes they had to live in other peoples garages. The were people that died and got injured.

GeoNet: News

People in eldery homes had to move away from christchruch. People had to work from home and they had to deliver from there homes. People from other contrys came over to help like taiwan the army and Japanese. 

Well that's the end of my blog post today if you enjoyed leave a comment. Tom

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom I really like your blog. I feel sorry for all the people that lost their homes because of the earthquakes. Next time I would love to see a picture of the tectonic plates that shifted in the farmlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom I really like this post because it has alot of imformation about the christurch earthquakes. This remided me of when I was younger and this earthquake happened. Maybe next time you could put some more pictures.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.