Pages

Thursday 18 November 2021

pH Test Experiment

 Hello everyone today i'm sharing a post with you. 

This post is about what we did in science today. 

Aim: To make red cabbage pH indicator for use on different

household chemicals.

Red Cabbage Indicator experiment
Materials

Red Cabbage
Beaker
Bunsen Burner
Pipette
Sodium Hydroxide
Hydrochloric acid
Test Tubes ( x5)
Paper towel
Test tube rack
Water
Steps
Chop up the red cabbage into small pieces. Place in a beaker and cover with a
small amount of water.
Bring the solution to the boil using a Bunsen burner and then turn off the heat.
Let it sit to cool down.
Pour the cabbage water through a paper towel into a beaker. The dark purple liquid in the
jar is the pH indicator liquid.
Suck up the indicator into a pipette.
In a test tube, use the cabbage indicator and the pH chart below to test the acidity of the hydrochloride acid and ammonium hydroxide.

Findings.

What is the pH of liquids.

Sodium Hydroxide
Hydrochloric acid

Thank you for reading my post if you enjoyed. Leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.