Pages

Thursday 17 June 2021

Chromatography - Skittles

Hello welcome to or back to my blog, Today i'm doing a post about Chromatography, Chromatography is a technique for the separation of a mixture by passing it in solution or suspension through a medium in which the components move at different rates.

Our aim is to separate the colours from the skittles by using chromatography. The materials we are using today are 6 skittles, Water, Petri Dish and a beaker. The process we are using today is going be using 5 steps step one is get our equipment set up ready to pour the 50 mls of water into the petri dish with the skittles, step 2 place the skittles into the petri dish around the edges, step 3 pour 50mls water gently into the middle of the petri dish, Step 4 is going the to watch as the water removes the dye from the skittles. See which colour reaches the middle fastest. Here is a image of what happened:

Thanks for looking at my post if you have time please leave a comment. Thanks, Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.