Pages

Wednesday 23 June 2021

Rainbow Paper

Hello everyone welcome to or back to my blog today we are learning about chromatography. Today our aim is to separate the colours by using the process of chromatography. 

These are the materials we are using today.

1. Boiling Tube.

2. Pen Marker.

3. Water.

4. Filter Paper.

5. Scissors.

6. Test Tube Stand.

7. Ruler.

8. Pencil

This is our process

1. Cut up the filtered paper into strips ready to write on with the felt pens.

2. Rule a line 1cm from the bottom of the paper strip.

3. Put 8ml of water into the bottom of the boiling tube.

4. Draw two coloured pen dots on the pencil line.

5. Drop the paper strip into the boiling tube and once it is touching the water at the bottom you can crease the top of the paper over.

6. Watch, take 2 photos and observe the chromatography process on your paper.

This is the definition of capillary action, filter paper and solvent

Photos Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.